17 - 18 October, 2016
44 (0) 207 368 9766
Mathijs LutsDirector Supply Chain EMEA & India
St. Jude Medical
Mathijs is a driven Supply Chain professional with significant experience in the medical device industry: Combining pragmatism with diplomacy, bringing leadership and delivery capabilities to any project. Proven results in rapidly changing supply chain environments. Intellectual capacity and the “can-do” mind-set to develop lean organisations and improve supply chain performance, with a clear and pragmatic approach to the “service vs. cost” paradox.
10:10 ALL STAR PANEL: How can you best manage the impact of M&A on your supply chain? Keeping pace with a fast-changing landscape
It’s no secret that the medical device industry is in the midst of a period of unprecedented M&A activity and 2016 looks to be continuing the trend with the Abbott-St Jude Medical megamerger already announced this year. In this fluctuating environment, how can you design a supply chain that’s optimal for today’s business yet prepared for tomorrow’s potential disruption? When a merger or acquisition is announced, what are the biggest inherent challenges for supply chain executives and how can they best be tackled?
- What is the outlook for further major M&A activity in the near-medium term?
- In terms of supply chain impact, what are the biggest pitfalls companies should look out for?
- How to successfully integrate new product lines
- Overcoming internal collaboration issues
- How are the people impacted? Managing uncertainty within the team
- Not just a headache: How to take advantage of the supply chain opportunities created by M&A
14:40 CASE STUDY PRESENTATION: Supply planning: Increasing visibility, globalisation and collaboration
- Improving global harmonisation across supply planning
- How can supply planning be improved by the use of big data?
- How to effectively introduce new product lines after a merger or acquisition
- Made to order vs. consignment stock – impact on supply planning
- Effectively dealing with both internal and customer budget cuts
- How to overcome problems with large MOQs (Minimum Order Quantities
15:30 DRILL DOWN ROUNDTABLES
Table 1: How to strengthen forecasting abilities with improved communication and enhanced security - Benefit from increased accuracy
Mathijs Luts, Director Supply Chain EMEA & India, St. Jude Medical
Table 2: How to successfully get S&OP processes started and run sustainably in the long-term
Björn Neal Kirchner, Vice President Supply Chain Management, HARTMANN Group
Table 3: Improving collaboration between logistics providers and medical device companies: Reducing costs, increasing flexibility and achieving global visibility
Pieter Nijman, Managing Director, ShipitSmarter
Mirko Müller, Senior Manager Logistics & Distribution, Beckman Coulter
Table 4: Optimising regional distribution strategies - don’t lose your customer focus
Wolfram Waschke, Director Customer Distribution and Warehouse, Supply Chain Management, HARTMANN Group
Table 5: How to re-design supply chain flows in order to reach optimal cost and better lead times - Improving efficiency and flexibility
Isabela Furtado, Supply Chain Manager EMEA, Terumo BCT Europe
Table 6: Advancing the customer experience: How to engage your customers and solve their biggest problems
Rick Desmarais, Director, Global JJOS Deployment Leader, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems