17 - 18 October, 2016
44 (0) 207 368 9766
Jackie PomroyHead of Supply Chain
NHS South of England Procurement Services
17:00 ALL STAR PANEL: Outlining how to adapt your supply chain strategies to truly add value to the customer experience
A unique opportunity to listen to your customers’ perspective on how you can directly add value to them.
- Detailing how hospitals are changing and the affect on medical device supply chains
- E.g. Setting up in-house companies in order to claim back VAT: Impact on reporting of figures to med dev and consequently demand and supply planning
- How are hospitals tracking products and how can this be improved? Increasing the visibility of products How should medical device companies adapt their supply chain strategies to add value to the customer experience?
- In what ways should medical device companies improve their customer service?
- What really matters on a day-to-day basis in the product delivery experience?
- Impact of Brexit on the NHS and medical device supply chains
14:35 ALL STAR PANEL: How to improve inventory management from a planning perspective and create a seamless supply chain
This panel brings together senior-level thought leaders from three of the top 10 medical device companies.
- Integrating sales, planning and inventory management to drive the SC forward
- Creating consistency of KPIs within inventory and planning
- How to use the ATP (Available To Promise) process - what can be learnt from other industries? eg automotive
- How can planning and inventory management provide more flexibility and in turn increase level of service to customer?